Alderwood and Tony McCoy
Alderwood followed up his victory in the County Hurdle of 12 months ago with victory in the Johnny Henderson Grand Annual to give Ireland a record number of winners at Cheltenham 2013.
The victory for Tom Mullins' nine-year-old provided Ireland with a 14th success compared to Britain's 13 over the week.
Tony McCoy, riding his second winner of the day, gave up the inside to nobody, just like he had done last year, but this time victory always looked likely.
Trainer Paul Nicholls
Paul Nicholls had to wait until the penultimate race of the Festival to taste victory as Salubrious (16/1) took the Martin Pipe Conditional Jockeys Handicap Hurdle.
The maestro of Ditcheat had had a Festival to forget but he finally got himself on the board as the six-year-old stayed on from way off the pace to land the spoils.
Double Ross and Stopped Out attempted to set the pace and both had every chance as the race began in earnest with two flights to negotiate.
Tony Martin may be enjoying a fantastic Cheltenham Festival but his week has been tempered by the news that Bog Warrior picked up an injury in the Ladbrokes World Hurdle on Thursday.
For a long way Bog Warrior led the field under Bryan Cooper but he stopped very quickly in the straight and faded to finish fifth behind Solwhit.
"He's got a fracture in a leg. Hopefully he'll be okay and he should be able to race again," said Martin.
- 15th Mar, Salsify repeat as Oscar unships Mangan
- 15th Mar, Bobs Worth lands Gold Cup
- 15th Mar, McNamara undergoes surgery
- 15th Mar, McCoy strikes on Cross
- 15th Mar, Cooper doubles up on Veale
- 15th Mar, Conor destroys Triumph field
- 15th Mar, Ballycasey out of Albert Bartlett
- 15th Mar, McCoy confirmed for Champs
- 15th Mar, McNamara set for surgery
- 15th Mar, Sunnyhillboy withdrawn from Gold Cup
- 14th Mar, Age takes charity Glory