Punchestown hopeful

By Gary Carson

Sun 30th Dec 2012, 15:19
Punchestown
Punchestown
(Healy Racing Photos)
Punchestown are hopeful of racing going ahead at the Kildare venue tomorrow with a 8am inspection scheduled for the day's meeting due to an adverse weather forecast.

Racing manager Richie Galway said this afternoon that providing the forecast proves accurate for tonight the course should cope with the rain that is on the way.

4mm of rain hit the track last night and with between 5mm and 10mm more possible tonight Galway is hoping that the figure is on the lower side.

“We're hopeful. We got 4mm last night which was a little bit more than we thought we would and the ground is obviously heavy,” said Galway.

“The forecast for tonight is for – if we are lucky – 5mm or it could be as much as 10mm. It's to improve tomorrow and the rain is to clear in the morning.

“The track is in good shape and we have fresh ground on the hurdles course.

“If the forecast is correct we'd be hopeful of racing but any more and it would be doubtful.”

« Latest News Earlier News »