No Change To Kempton Plan - Says Jc

Fri 17th Feb 2017, 09:17


©Healy Racing Photos
The Jockey Club has dismissed speculation it is considering alternatives to the proposed total redevelopment of Kempton Park.

It was announced last month that the track, which is home to the historic King George VI Chase, could be closed for housing redevelopment ''from 2021 at the earliest''.

The Jockey Club hopes to invest £500million into the sport in a 10-year plan, with nearby Sandown receiving some significant upgrades as well as being the proposed new home for the King George and a clutch of other big Kempton races.

However, newspaper reports on Friday suggested this initial plan could be scaled down, with a smaller redevelopment that would allow Kempton to stay open being considered.

The Jockey Club insists there has been no deviation from the original plan though.

A statement said: "Nothing has changed since the Jockey Club announced on January 10 the submission of our full estate at Kempton Park for consideration in Spelthorne Borough Council's Local Plan.

"Any suggestion to the contrary is inaccurate. We now await the outcome of Spelthorne's Local Plan Review process."

Flemenshill smashes record at Tattersalls

The Tattersalls Ireland Cheltenham January Sale saw records smashed, on Thursday, as the highest price ever recorded for a point to point horse of £480,000 was achieved along with increases in all the key figures.

Trainer Championship
€ 4,232,655
Total Prize Money
€ 4,105,825
Total Prize Money
With 3 Days left of the National Hunt season the Trainer Championship is going down to the wire.
€1,040,000 Prize Money Remaining. 3 Days and 15 Races to end of Season

THE IRISH TIMES