Hennessy ponders Rubi Ascot trip

Wed 9th Jan 2013, 14:50
Rubi Light
Rubi Light
(Healy Racing Photos)
Robbie Hennessy will make a decision later in the week about Rubi Light's participation in the Victor Chandler Chase at Ascot on January 19th.

The French-bred ran a cracker to make Sizing Europe work hard at Leopardstown over Christmas and could now tackle Sprinter Sacre.

“We'll decide later in the week if we are going to Ascot. It'll probably depend on the weather,” said Hennessy at Fairyhouse today.

“There is good money for second and if Sprinter Sacre runs the other horse (Sanctuaire) won't.

“If he doesn't go there he could go to Thurles for the Kinoch Brae (January 17th) or there is also the Red Mills Chase at Gowran (February 16th) that he has won for the past two years.”

(Gary Carson & Alan Magee)

« Latest News Earlier News »