18+ | Commercial Content | T&Cs apply | Wagering and T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly | Advertising Disclosure


Officials at Wetherby will inspect the English course at 7.30am to see if tomorrow`s meeting can go ahead.

And Redcar will inspect later in the day at 2.30 to see if their meeting on Thursday will beat the elements.

The Wetherby stewards looked at the course at 3pm today and are 'reasonably optimistic' that the National Hunt card will get the thumbs up.

A spokeswoman at Wetherby said: 'They are inspecting again at 7.30am.

'The course is still slightly waterlogged in places but is no worse than it was this morning when we were still reasonably optimistic.

'So they will see what happens overnight because things may improve.'

The ground remains soft, waterlogged in places while at Redcar the ground is officially decsribed as soft, heavy in places by clerk of the course John Gundill.

The course holds the first day of a two-day meeting on Thursday and Gundill added: 'We inspect at 2.30pm tomorrow, primarily for Thursday.

'Water has started to hold in the surface - in particular in one part of the course.

'We`ve had a mostly dry day today and if it stayed like that I`d be hopeful we`d have no problems.

'However, the forecast for tonight and tomorrow is not good so we are left with no option.'

Today`s meeting at Sedgefield was abandoned after the course was found to be waterlogged in several places but the Ayr fixture got the go-ahead.

Tomorrow`s meeting at Haydock was called off on Monday but Lingfield`s all-weather meeting looks most unlikely to be in doubt.

Clerk of the course Fergus Cameron said: 'Fortunately we are racing on the all-weather tomorrow.

'We had 36mm of rain yesterday afternoon and last night, which is a humungous amount. There is flooding locally and when I walked on the turf course this morning it was extremely wet.

'But at this stage we are not anticipating any problems.'