Hillstar one of 11 for King Edward VII Stakes Connections have taken the plunge and paid £75,000 to supplement improving King Edward VII Stakes winner Hillstar into the line-up for Saturday's King George and Queen Elizabeth Stakes at Ascot. Hillstar was added to the line-up at Monday's five-day declaration stage, meaning that a total of 11 could take part in the mile and a half contest which is set to see a thrilling clash between stars of different generations as Irish Derby winner Trading Leather tackles St Nicholas Abbey and Cirrus des Aigles. Joseph O'Brien will ride St Nicholas Abbey in the race for a third time, after giving the horse too much to do in last year's contest. "He seems in very good form, he seems to be working nicely and we're looking forward to it," the jockey told At The Races. "The ground was quite slow last year and I got back a long way and the year before they went very slow and I probably didn't have him the right place, so I think we probably have legitimate excuses. Hopefully I won't get the blame again. "I think he's quite a straightforward horse, I don't think what happens in the race is going to matter to me too much. "Trading Leather's form looks pretty solid and he has to be respected. It's hard to compare his form to older horses. "Cirrus des Aigles is a top horse on his day, a very high-class horse, but I probably should have beaten him a couple of years ago. "The quicker the ground, the better. He wants good to firm ground and if it got any softed than good, I would have a little worry." With Ryan Moore now set to ride Hillstar, William Buick will come in for the rider aboard German challenger Novellist. The latter's trainer Andreas Wohler told The Daily Telegraph: "He is a very good-moving horse, and his action was impressive in the gallop (on Sunday over seven furlongs). If the ground is fast on Saturday, that is not really a concern. I expect him to run well."