Mandesha Bypasses Arc Bid Alain De Royer-Dupre has finally confirmed that Mandesha will miss Sunday's Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe in favour of a tilt at the Prix de l'Opera on the same card.Connections have been agonising over whether to let the three-year-old take her chance in the feature event ever since her stylish win in the Prix Vermille over the Arc course and distance earlier in the month.However, with the prospect of her staying in training next year a key consideration, they have decided to stick to her own sex and take on the likes of Ouija Board, Alexandrova and Alexander Goldrun instead.'We think she has a stronger chance in the Prix de l'Opera this year,' said Royer-Dupre.'We would prefer to aim her at the Arc next year when she has had another year to prepare.'We don't want her to have a really hard race at this stage in her career and the Arc looks particularly strong this year.'It also could be soft ground which wouldn't be suitable for her.'It's difficult to know what the ground will be like on Sunday as some rain is forecast. We want to protect the filly for next year,' Royer-Dupre told Racing UK.(C) PA Sport