Thundering On yet to be committed to Arc challenge Joseph O’Brien says Thundering On is not certain to take her place in the field for the Qatar Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe with the Prix de l’Opera or British Champions weekend possible alternatives. The Oaks winner is third-favourite in most lists for the big race at ParisLongchamp on Sunday week, but O’Brien issued a note of caution to those looking to support her in the ante-post market, insisting no final decision has been taken about her end-of-season targets. “I should say that an absolute final decision has yet to be confirmed about her participation, but if her owners decided to let her race in the Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe we feel as though her attributes are suitable to a race like the Arc,” he said. “But she also has the Prix de l’Opera option and she could also wait for British Champions weekend in Ascot a week later. Discussions remain to be had. It would be a factor of what we feel is the right spot for her.” Epsom Oaks Winner Bounces Back Thundering On was an impressive winner at Epsom Oaks, but stepped back in trip to 10 furlongs when a disappointing fourth in the Pretty Polly Stakes at the Curragh behind Estrange. She then bounced back to close to her best over the same trip in the Group Two Blandford Stakes last time out. “She is a stayer that has speed who relaxes very well and she has a turn of foot. Those are the attributes that would enable her to compete in the Arc and we think she will enjoy going back up to a mile and a half,” O’Brien said. If O’Brien offered mixed messages regarding her possible target he was at least hopeful that if she does head to Paris, regular partner Dylan Browne McMonagle will ride her. O’Brien’s stable jockey, who was injured in a fall at Bellewstown in late August, has not ridden in public since, with Ryan Moore deputising successfully on Thundering On in the Blandford. “It would great if Dylan would be back, but it remains to be seen if he gets passed by the doctors, so we will make that decision (nearer the time),” said O’Brien. “But there is a chance he would be ready for next weekend, yes.”