13 remain in Cantor Odds Sussex Stakes A total of 13 top-class horses remain engaged at the five-day confirmation stage for the highlight of Festival Raceweek at Goodwood, the Group One Cantor Odds Sussex Stakes on Wednesday, July 28. The bakers dozen contain both the cream of the older horses and stars from the Classic generation.Heading the challenge from the older generation is Godolphin?s Refuse To Bend, victorious in two Group One contests already this season- in the Queen Anne Stakes at Royal Ascot and the Coral-Eclipse at Sandown Park. The 'Boys in Blue' could also be represented by Kheleyf, the impressive winner of the Group Three Jersey Stakes at Royal Ascot. Soviet Song chased home Refuse To Bend in the Queen Anne Stakes before becoming the first one to beat Attraction, doing so in the Group One Falmouth Stakes at Newmarket earlier this month.Matthew Budden, racing manager for owners the Elite Racing Club, said today: 'It is the intention at this stage to run Soviet Song in the Cantor Odds Sussex Stakes.'She was a bit quiet for a couple of days after Newmarket, as you might expect, but has really bounced back and is great form once again. 'Obviously, we will be taking on Refuse To Bend again. Both horses have won Group One races since Royal Ascot and the form looks rock solid. Refuse To Bend had to work hard to beat us in the Queen Anne and we are hoping for another good race, there does not seem to be much at all between the pair of them. 'Good ground will be ideal for her as she has an excellent turn of foot. She just does not want it really firm.'Other significant representatives from the older generation include Nayyir, winner of the Group Two Betfair Cup (Lennox Stakes) at Goodwood for the past two years and Norse Dancer, who has run some excellent races in defeat in Group One company, including when third in last season?s Cantor Odds Sussex Stakes. An intriguing runner could be Le Vie Del Colori from the Luca Cumani stable and winner of the Group One Premio Vittorio di Capua at San Siro in October.The challenge from the three-year-olds is headed by Haafhd, the winner of the season?s first classic, the 2,000 Guineas at Newmarket and fourth to Azanour in the Group One St James?s Palace at Royal Ascot on June 15.Another possible for Wednesday?s #300,000 contest is Brunel, winner of the Group Two German 2,000 Guineas at Cologne in May and one place behind Haafhd on his latest appearance in the St James?s Palace Stakes. Harry Herbert, managing director of owners Highclere Thoroughbred Racing, revealed today: 'We?re currently entered in both the Cantor Odds Sussex Stakes and the Betfair Cup (Lennox Stakes) and have not yet decided which race we will run in - we are on something of a watching brief at the moment.'He?s equally effective at both seven furlongs and a mile and I will discussing with William Haggas over the weekend about which race we will run in.'The horse himself is in great form and has been in great form since Ascot. We are just hoping for good ground at Goodwood - we don?t want any repetition of the very firm ground he ran on at Ascot.' Aidan O?Brien could be represented by Antonius Pius, third home in the St James?s Palace Stakes after an unlucky run in the French 2,000 Guineas at Longchamp where he hit the rail in the final furlong after looking assured of victory.Graham Cowdrey , Head of Public Relations Cantor Odds, said: 'This is a sensational line-up and already there is a feeling it could be the clash of the year. We have cut Haafhd to 3/1 and I would not be surprised if he went off favourite on the day. Two classic winners and a Falmouth Stakes winner - absolutely fantastic.'